We are dental implant specialists at City Dental Centre in Surrey, BC. We offer dental implants procedures in our Surrey office. Implant dentistry is a state-of-the-art tooth restoration option that is attractive, comfortable and permanent. Dental implants can restore full oral functioning and aesthetics following tooth loss due to decay, injury, extraction, periodontal disease or other conditions. Missing teeth not only diminish the attractiveness of a smile, but also can cause difficulties with speaking and eating, and can lead to movement of remaining teeth.
Dental implants provide long-term or permanent anchoring of crowns, dental bridges or dentures while offering the added benefit of helping to halt bone loss in the jaw. They are as comfortable as real teeth and look completely natural.
We offer the convenience of one-stop dental implant procedures in Surrey. With an oral surgeon on staff, patients of City Dental Centre can have their dental implant, as well as their subsequent tooth restoration (crown, bridge or dentures), completed right in the comfort of our Surrey dental office. This offers convenience and comfort for our patients.
Dental Implants Benefits
There are numerous benefits to dental implants in comparison to other tooth restoration options, including:
- Permanence– Once dental implants are in place and have healed, a crown, bridge or dentures can be permanently secured to the titanium implant.
- Comfort– Since replacement teeth are permanently anchored to the jaw with dental implants, the teeth feel completely natural and as comfortable as real teeth.
- Aesthetics– Restorations incorporating the use of dental implants look just like natural teeth.
- Bone strength– When teeth are lost, the bone that supported those teeth can begin to atrophy and weaken over time. If left unchecked, this process can cause the jawbone to become unstable and can lead to further tooth loss. Dental implants stimulate new bone growth around the implant, strengthening the bone structure.
- Tooth alignment– Tooth restorations attached to dental implants prevent teeth from shifting, maintaining alignment.
- Flexibility– Dental implants can be used to replace one or more missing teeth in any location in the mouth.
Dental Implant Procedures
Dental implant placement typically requires two office visits. During the first visit, a titanium implant is secured in the jawbone by our on-staff oral surgeon following administration of a local anesthetic. For those that are nervous about the process, we also offer sleep sedation dental implant procedures. Sleep sedation implant dentistry reduces any anxiety associated with placement of the dental implant.
During a healing period lasting 4 -6 months, the titanium dental implant naturally integrates with the surrounding bone material, forming a stable anchor point. Once the area is completely healed, a second office visit is required during which a long-term crown, bridge or denture will be fastened to the dental implant to create a durable, attractive and fully functional restoration. Prior to this visit, an impression will need to be made in order to custom fabricate the restoration.
If you are interested in learning more about dental implant procedures in our Surrey dental office, contact us today at 604-496-7676.