- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Children Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Implants
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Crowns
- Porcelain Veneers
At City Dental Centre, we provide basic and advanced general dentistry care designed to maintain and restore oral health. Our general dentistry services include dental hygiene, preventative dental care, restorative dental care, periodontal care and more. These general dentistry procedures allow our patients to enjoy strong, healthy teeth and gums throughout their lives.
At City Dental Centre of Surrey, we are experienced in the most up-to-date general dental procedures and technologies and offer quality general dental care with a patient-centered focus.
If you are interested in learning more about the full range of general dentistry services available in ourSurrey dental office, contact our Surrey general dentistry practice today.
You deserve to feel completely confident about the way you look. That’s why our office provides a variety of cosmetic services, all designed to erase dental flaws and create simply stunning results for your smile.
City Dental Centre is a premier provider of children dentistry in Surrey, BC. We offer pediatric dental services for children of all ages, including infants, toddlers, young children, pre-teens, teens and adolescents.
We pride ourselves on maintaining a “kid-friendly” atmosphere within our family dental practice. Our staff is warm and friendly, and we make sure that children of all ages are put at ease when they require pediatric dental procedures. Our office is comfortable and well appointed, including such kid and teen-friendly features as a complimentary beverage bar, music and DVD players. We also utilize the latest dental technologies, resulting in quick and pain-free pediatric dental procedures.
Some of the pediatric dentistry services we offer include:
- Pediatric teeth cleaning and routine dental exams
- Pediatric fluoride treatments
- Pediatric dental x-rays
- Painlesstooth filling resulting from cavities
- Instruction on proper dental hygiene
- Tooth sealants
- Pediatric tooth extractions
- Pediatricsedation dentistry
- Other children’s dental procedures
Although we are able to provide treatment for a number of oral health problems, our ultimate goal is to help our patients maintain optimal oral health throughout their lifetime. Using the latest technologies, such as digital X-ray systems and intraoral cameras, we provide superlative care to all patients in an effort to avoid complications. This includes comprehensive, routine dental exams, fluoride treatments, and the placement of sealants to seal out decay.
There are many options available for straightening your teeth, but none offer the level of comfort, convenience and confidence that you’ll find with Invisalign. And no matter what stage you are in your life, you’ll be surprised how Invisalign, and its ability to straighten your teeth with ease and comfort, can have significant positive impact on how you look and feel about yourself. Invisalign® straight
Advantages of Invisalign
- Invisalign is completely invisible, so no one can tell that you have anything on your teeth.
- Invisalign is completely removable, so you can eat and drink in comfortably while in treatment.
- The removable aligners allow you to be able to brush and floss normally.
- They are comfortable, because there are no metal wires or sharp brackets to irritate your cheeks or tongue.
- Invisalign aligners work faster. Adjustments in the office are quicker, and treatment times are usually shorter.
- Invisalign® System combines advanced 3-D computer graphics technology to move your teeth more efficiently.
- Since there are no brackets and wires to catch food debris and accumulate plaque buildup, the risk of cavities or tooth damage from braces is significantly lower with Invisalign.
- Since there are no sharp metal brackets and wires it makes it much easier to play sports while in Invisalign therapy.
City Dental Centre of Surrey offers dental hygiene treatment in Surrey and White Rock area. Dental hygiene begins at home with proper brushing and flossing, but good dental hygiene also requires regular dental visits. During your dental hygiene visits, we will examine your teeth thoroughly, and will precisely clean, floss and polish your teeth. X-rays may be taken to evaluate whether you are experiencing any decay or other dental problems, and an oral cancer screening will be done. We will also instruct you on proper home dental hygiene routines.
Importance of Dental Hygiene
Plaque containing bacteria is always building up on teeth and along the gum line. This plaque must be removed or it can harden into tartar and can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease. It is important to brush and floss teeth daily to remove the plaque and bacteria that builds up inside the mouth. However, a big factor in maintaining proper oral health is also regularly visiting the dentist for professional dental hygiene visits.
Dental Hygiene Visits
When you come to our Surrey dental hygiene office, our dental hygienist will clean, polish and examine your teeth. They will also go over any suggestions for improving dental hygiene routines at home. The dentist will also evaluate your teeth and gums, review any x-rays taken, conduct an oral cancer screening, and will make any recommendations for additional treatments that may be necessary. These dental hygiene visits are an important part of your dental health and can go a long way towards preventing the need for additional dental work in the future, such as procedures required to fill cavities, handle tooth loss, or correct gum problems.
If you are interested in learning more about our Surrey dental hygiene treatments offered, contact us today at 604-496-7676
Dental Hygiene Financing and Promotions
We offer dental hygiene without dental insurance in Surrey, BC. For patients with no dental insurance, or whose dental insurance does not cover dental hygiene treatments, City Dental Centre provides student and senior discounts as well as affordable payment options to cover the cost of dental hygiene.
City Dental Centre of surrey offers dentures in Surrey, BC, including denture creation, denture maintenance, denture repair and denture care. Dentures are one solution to consider when you are missing teeth. They make eating and speaking more natural, while boosting self-confidence. Dentures can be removable, or for those that prefer an alternative to removable dentures, we also offer the option to have dentures attached permanently to dental implants.
Dentures resemble natural teeth. Although they take some time to get used to wearing, modern advances in dentistry have resulted in dentures being more comfortable to wear than in years past while also offering a more natural appearance. There are two basic types of dentures – full dentures and partial dentures. Which one you choose will depend primarily on how many teeth need to be replaced.
- Full dentures– A full denture is used to replace all teeth on the upper or lower jaw. The denture includes an acrylic base that looks like natural gums, which then sits over the gums after any existing teeth have been removed.
- Partial dentures– A partial denture is a solution when only a few teeth need to be replaced. The partial denture either attaches to crowns on either side of the denture or to a metal framework that is attached to the teeth on both sides of the partial denture. Partial dentures can be removable or they can be anchored in place by attaching them to dental implants.
For long-term use of dentures, it is important to follow proper denture care procedures. Dentures will also require periodic maintenance and may need to be relined, rebased (creating a new base for the teeth to sit on) or completely remade. Denture maintenance may be necessary due to changes that occur naturally in the mouth, or do to normal wear and tear of the dentures. It is important to follow proper denture care and maintenance to ensure that dentures remain comfortable to wear and continue to look their best.
If you are interested in learning more about dentures in our Surrey Dental Clinic, contact us today at 604-496-7676
Dentures Financing and Payment Options
We offer the creation and maintenance of dentures without dental insurance in Surrey, BC. For patients with no dental insurance, or whose dental insurance does not cover dentures, we provide a first time visit discount as well as student and senior discounts.
We are dental implant specialists at City Dental Centre in Surrey, BC. We offer dental implants procedures in our Surrey office. Implant dentistry is a state-of-the-art tooth restoration option that is attractive, comfortable and permanent. Dental implants can restore full oral functioning and aesthetics following tooth loss due to decay, injury, extraction, periodontal disease or other conditions. Missing teeth not only diminish the attractiveness of a smile, but also can cause difficulties with speaking and eating, and can lead to movement of remaining teeth.
Dental implants provide long-term or permanent anchoring of crowns, dental bridges or dentures while offering the added benefit of helping to halt bone loss in the jaw. They are as comfortable as real teeth and look completely natural.
We offer the convenience of one-stop dental implant procedures in Surrey. With an oral surgeon on staff, patients of City Dental Centre can have their dental implant, as well as their subsequent tooth restoration (crown, bridge or dentures), completed right in the comfort of our Surrey dental office. This offers convenience and comfort for our patients.
Dental Implants Benefits
There are numerous benefits to dental implants in comparison to other tooth restoration options, including:
- Permanence– Once dental implants are in place and have healed, a crown, bridge or dentures can be permanently secured to the titanium implant.
- Comfort– Since replacement teeth are permanently anchored to the jaw with dental implants, the teeth feel completely natural and as comfortable as real teeth.
- Aesthetics– Restorations incorporating the use of dental implants look just like natural teeth.
- Bone strength– When teeth are lost, the bone that supported those teeth can begin to atrophy and weaken over time. If left unchecked, this process can cause the jawbone to become unstable and can lead to further tooth loss. Dental implants stimulate new bone growth around the implant, strengthening the bone structure.
- Tooth alignment– Tooth restorations attached to dental implants prevent teeth from shifting, maintaining alignment.
- Flexibility– Dental implants can be used to replace one or more missing teeth in any location in the mouth.
Dental Implant Procedures
Dental implant placement typically requires two office visits. During the first visit, a titanium implant is secured in the jawbone by our on-staff oral surgeon following administration of a local anesthetic. For those that are nervous about the process, we also offer sleep sedation dental implant procedures. Sleep sedation implant dentistry reduces any anxiety associated with placement of the dental implant.
During a healing period lasting 4 -6 months, the titanium dental implant naturally integrates with the surrounding bone material, forming a stable anchor point. Once the area is completely healed, a second office visit is required during which a long-term crown, bridge or denture will be fastened to the dental implant to create a durable, attractive and fully functional restoration. Prior to this visit, an impression will need to be made in order to custom fabricate the restoration.
If you are interested in learning more about dental implant procedures in our Surrey dental office, contact us today at 604-496-7676.
City Dental Centre offers dental bridges in Surrey, BC. Dental bridges consist of a replacement crown, to fill in the gap left by a missing tooth, which is attached to crowns on both sides that fit over the teeth adjacent to the gap. A framework constructed of metal or ceramic supports the dental bridge.
Dental bridges can effectively prevent many problems that arise due to missing teeth, while also improving your appearance. Gaps left by missing teeth can cause surrounding teeth to shift out of alignment and may expose gums to potential infection. Additionally, normal speaking and chewing abilities can be compromised.
Dental Bridge Procedure
A dental bridge can be completed in two office visits. During the first visit, an impression is taken and the teeth adjacent to the gap are prepared to fit the dental bridge. A temporary bridge is placed in the mouth while your permanent bridge is being crafted. During the second visit, the permanent dental bridge is fitted comfortably and then cemented into your mouth for a permanent restoration.
Dental bridges are one solution for restoring missing teeth. There are a number of different types of dental bridges, and the type used will depend on your specific restoration needs.
- Traditional dental bridges– These are the most common and include a crown for each tooth adjacent to the gap (the abutments) with a pontic (another crown) between them. The teeth are constructed from porcelain that is fused to a framework made from metal or ceramic. The bridge rests in place as the crowns sit over the abutments and are cemented in place.
- Cantilever dental bridges– These are constructed in a similar fashion to traditional dental bridges with the exception that they are only attached to one adjacent tooth. Cantilever bridges are used when there are existing teeth on only one side of a gap.
- Maryland dental bridges(resin-bonded dental bridges) – These are made of porcelain teeth that are supported by a metal framework. They attach to adjacent teeth using metal wings, which are bonded to the teeth.
If you are interested in learning more about dental bridges offered in our Surrey dental office, contact us today.
City Dental Centre offers tooth extractions in Surrey, BC. Extractions of wisdom teeth, or any other teeth within the mouth, are performed right in the comfort of our Surrey dental office and are virtually painless with use of a local or general anesthetic. For those who are nervous about tooth extraction, we also offer sleep sedation tooth extractions to ease nerves related to the procedure.
Tooth extractions may be performed when a tooth is broken, damaged or diseased, or if the tooth results in overcrowding in the mouth. Teeth may also be extracted as a precursor to other dental procedures, such as dental implants, bridges or dentures.
Wisdom Teeth Extractions
Wisdom teeth extraction is common and is a result of wisdom teeth being impacted, not growing in properly or at the correct angle, or causing overcrowding. Wisdom tooth extraction can also be a preventative measure to reduce future problems related to teeth and gums.
If you are interested in learning more about tooth extractions in our Surrey dental office, contact us today at 604-496-7676
City Dental Centre offers dental crowns in Surrey, BC. Dental crowns are used to cover decayed, cracked or damaged teeth in order to add strength to the tooth and improve the tooth’s appearance. Often, dental crowns are used when a tooth requires a very large filling or is weak. They can also be used to cover discolored or unattractive teeth. A dental crown functions basically like a cap that sits over an existing tooth, although dental crowns can also be used over dental implants and as part of dental bridges.
Dental Crown Procedure:
A dental crown can be completed in two office visits. During the first visit, an impression is taken of the tooth to be covered and a temporary crown is placed in the mouth while the permanent crown is being crafted. During the second visit, the permanent dental crown is fitted comfortably and then cemented into place for a permanent restoration.
Types of Dental Crowns:
- Porcelain crowns or ceramic crowns– These dental crowns provide the most natural look, but are not as strong and durable as porcelain-fused-to-metal or metal crowns. They are a good option for front teeth because of their superior looks.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns– These dental crowns also look like natural teeth, although they can sometimes show dark areas from the underlying metal. They may also be prone to chipping or breaking over time. They are a good option for any type of teeth, however.
- Metal crowns– These dental crowns are among the strongest and most durable, but they are not as attractive as porcelain, ceramic or porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns. For this reason, they are best used on molars, which withstand a lot of chewing force but are not as easily seen.
- Resin crowns– These dental crowns have the aesthetic look of porcelain or ceramic crowns but are not as strong and durable. They are less expensive than other options but may wear down or break more quickly.
If you are interested in learning more about dental crowns offered in our Surrey dental clinic, contact us today at 604-496-7676.
City Dental Centre is a premier provider of orthodontic braces in Surrey, BC. Orthodontic treatment is offered for children, pre-teens, teens and adults within our family dental practice and includes traditional orthodontics, as well as Invisalign® orthodontics. Orthodontic treatment is utilized to properly align teeth to in order to enhance the appearance of a patient’s smile, as well as to maintain proper oral functioning, such as a correct bite. In addition to aligning teeth, orthodontic treatment can correctly align the jawbone.
We have helped to straighten the teeth of thousands of patients and has become one of the most referred-to Invisalign® orthodontists in Surrey, BC. We offer both traditional orthodontics and Invisalign® orthodontics.
There are two primary orthodontic braces that our patients can choose from.
- Traditional Braces– This includes a series of orthodontic brackets and wires that are attached to the teeth and are used to effectively reposition the roots, teeth and jaw. Traditional wire braces are typically used on pre-teens and teens. Adults interested in orthodontic treatment often prefer an alternative to wire braces due to their look. Although wire braces, complete with a selection of colored wires, may be a rite of passage for teens, adults often prefer a more discreet form of orthodontics.
- Invisalign Braces– This is a state-of-the-art orthodontic system that straightens teeth using a series of soft, clear, nearly invisible plastic aligners. The Invisalign aligners gradually adjust the position and alignment of teeth in order to create a straight and attractive smile. Invisalign orthodontics eliminates the irritation and discomfort that can come with the brackets and wires involved in traditional orthodontic treatment. The clear aligners are virtually undetectable, making them easy to wear by adults without feeling self-conscious. Invisalign orthodontics is available for pre-teens and teens as well.
City Dental Centre offers porcelain veneers in Surrey, BC. Porcelain dental veneers, also referred to as laminates, offer a relatively quick and easy option for smile enhancement. Porcelain veneers can cover teeth that are stained, cracked, chipped, uneven or misaligned. They are a great option for concealing dental imperfections, enhancing the color of teeth, closing gaps between teeth and correcting alignment without the need for orthodontics.
Porcelain veneers are constructed of a very thin layer of porcelain, about the thickness of a fingernail, which is permanently bonded to the front of a tooth. Each dental porcelain veneer is custom-fabricated to fit your tooth, to match your natural tooth color, and to enhance your smile.
Porcelain Veneers Procedure
The procedure for applying porcelain veneers is relatively simple and requires two office visits. First, the natural tooth to be covered by the veneer is carefully shaped and gently etched and an impression is made in order to create the customized dental veneer. A temporary veneer will be placed on the tooth until the permanent one is ready. The procedure requires no anesthetic, although some patients prefer to have a local anesthetic administered. For those that are nervous about the procedure, we also offer sleep sedation for porcelain veneer procedures to diminish anxiety.
When the porcelain veneer or veneers are ready, they are checked for proper size, shape and color and are then permanently bonded to the front of the teeth. Once secured, porcelain veneers feel and look just like natural teeth. If cared for properly, porcelain veneers can provide a long-term solution to cosmetic tooth enhancement.
If you are interested in learning more about porcelain veneers in our Surrey dental clinic, contact us today at 604-496-7676.
City Dental Centre is a premier restorative dental provider offering fillings in Surrey, BC. Patients can choose from tooth-colored composite fillings or silver amalgam fillings. Fillings are used to repair teeth that experience decay, cavities, or that are cracked or broken. The decayed or damaged portion of the tooth is removed and then the area is prepared for the tooth filling. The filling bonds to the tooth, strengthening the existing tooth and preventing further decay or deterioration. The filling procedure can be completed in just one dental visit.
Tooth-colored fillings are a popular option for teeth that require new fillings, as well as for those that require replacement of older, deteriorating amalgam fillings. These composite fillings are matched to the natural tooth color, making them virtually indistinguishable from the rest of the tooth. Natural-colored tooth fillings are also strong, long lasting, and effective at repairing decayed and damaged portions of teeth.
If you are interested in learning more about amalgam and composite tooth fillings in our Surrey dental office, contact us today at 604-496-7676.